These are the best practices that PPC experts follow to create and run effective, profitable campaigns.
Print this off if you need and check them off as you work through your account.
- Network Targeting - Are your campaigns settings customized for their specific network (Search vs Display)? Remember always separate.
- Geo Targeting - Are you campaigns focused on your most profitable markets?
- Language Targeting - Are you making use of the language restrictions for better audience targeting?
- Conversion Tracking - Are you keeping track of which keywords and ads drive profitable actions?
- Multiple Text Ads Running - Are you running multiple ads in each ad group to ensure strong targeting?
- Modified Broad Match Type - Are you making use of the match types that give you more control?
- Negative Keywords - Are you using negative keywords and actively checking your search report for new negatives to reduce wasteful spending and irrelevant clicks?
- Ad Extensions - Are you using Ad Extensions to provide additional links and improve CTR (click through rates)?